Printing lenticular images on a large format flatbed printer
Are you looking for a cost-effective print solution for a limited number of small lenticular prints, or a series of large prints that wouldn’t fit on a litho press? Make sure to take a look at flatbed printing.
Recent developments in the large format and flatbed printing market have led to tremendous quality improvements. This evolution makes flatbed/inkjet very suited for lenticular printing. The key points are the higher resolution capabilities and the smaller drop size of the latest generation flatbed printers.
This development combined with the versatility of fast drying UV inks makes direct-to-lens flatbed lenticular printing an interesting option for many projects.
You can also watch interesting video’s on www.lenticular-print.com
Which lenticular sheets can be printed on a flatbed printer?
It will depend of the printer (resolution, drop size, …).
But also, like always in lenticular, it will depend of the effect, the viewing distance and the image size.
As we explain on this page:
- for a lenticular flip image : 50 LPI-M –Motion HD, a “faster” flip will be printed on 62 LPI Lenstar Plus
- for a large format flip image and long viewing distance: 40 LPI Very Large Format
- for a post card size 3D/depth image : 62 LPI Lenstar Plus
- for a poster size 3D/depth image : 3D-50LPI
- for a medium format 3D/depth image : 3D 28 LPI UV-MF
- for a large format 3D/depth image and a long viewing distance: 3D 20 LPI UV-LF
The choice won’t be made by a lenticular software… And, of course, experience will help.
Don’t hesitate to ask us, we’ll be happy to help you choosing the best lenticular sheet for your project.